If you are passionate about art and love it, especially African art then you are going to enjoy this site.
We are going to learn about the various regions of the continent, get to know about the local people and artisans who craft these beautiful works of art and also learn about the various kinds of African art.
As a little boy growing up in Africa, I remember going to the market on weekends with my grandmother and we would see various artisans in their little shops making different types of wood carvings, sculptures, paintings etc . I always admired the skill involved in taking a solid piece of wood and creating wooden sculptures, masks, walking canes, animals, dolls etc.
As I got older I came to realize that their skills were passed on from generation to generation and for them creating these pieces of art was a way to provide for their families and not for recognition or for show.
When I relocated to the United States I saw that there was a lot of art available but not enough information for people who want to know more and learn about art from Africa.
As a result I decided to build this site to provide that information for all who need it.
So whether you are a seasoned veteran with collections of your own or this is a brand new experience for you, everyone is welcome on this journey.
This experience will be a fun filled one that we will all enjoy and learn from.
Keep up with updates and changes by signing up for my free newsletter....
- African Art Blog
- Find out what new changes and updates have been made to the all-about-african-art.com website. Subscribe here.
- Site Search
- The fastest and easiest way to search the web.
- African Art Store
- African art store with a variety of books about African art.
- African Art History
- African art history depicts a thriving art form that keeps reshaping itself.
- African Art and Culture
- African art and culture are so intricately connected that they are inseparable.
- African Folk Art
- African folk art talks about the traditions, political systems and spirituality of tribal villages through crafts created by people without any formal academic training.
- Antique African Art
- Antique African art is considered to be objects made originally for use in daily life including rituals and ceremonies.
- African Art Paintings
- African art paintings are among the most colorful and psychedelic types of African artwork .
- Contemporary African Art
- Contemporary African art combines traditional African art with imaginative modern techniques.
- 5 Elements of African Art
- The 5 Elements of African art describe the aesthetics of artwork rather than just its appearance.
- African Animal Art
- African animal art covers a broad range, from prehistoric paintings to sculptures and carvings.
- African Body Art
- African body art is an essential part of the African culture.
- African Masks
- African masks are the most sought after and well known pieces of African art.
- African Jewelry
- African jewelry is truly an art form.It is one of the oldest and most preserved art forms in history.
- African Pottery
- African pottery were used for different purposes from decorative to culinary reasons.
- African Textiles
- African textiles are more than just pieces of clothing, they are also collected as art pieces.
- African Weapons
- African weapons were a vital necessity for the tribes living in the jungles of the continent.
- African Sculpture
- African sculpture is designed and created to show the various aspects of the region it originated from.
- African Baskets
- African baskets are perfectly suited to the African way of life.